26-320 Neutral Top Tilt Latch, 2-15/16"

A home owner from Floral Park says:
Hi I ordered 8 of these but just want to verify that I got it right. Your site shows a pretty close match. Mine does not have the "the inside tongue can be flipped so that this top tilt latch can be used on the left or right" feature but hope that is still ok.

A customer submitted image of a window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, it does look like our 26-320 matches your own hardware. It looks like yours can be flipped, as well, though. You simply take the "tongue" out and flip it over, springs and all.
Profile picture of Tom
You don't place it in the other end of the latch. The tongue stays in the same cut out, its just flipped over.
Ok thanks. I still do not see that as there is no cutout on the other end for the triangular plastic piece to stick out of the side of the piece. I may just not be seeing it though. But I'm glad yours does both ;=)

Thanks again for the quick response!

Dorothy
Ok thanks. I see it just shipped. I hope it works.
It's annoying not having the tilted sash click back in. I do not know how I broke 6 of them! ;=)
They arrived today and worked perfectly. Now I see what you mean about flipping the piece over .. Duh to me ;=)

I'm so happy these windows are now working as they should!

Dorothy
Profile picture of Tom
That's great news, Dorothy! Let us know if you have any other questions!
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.