SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

26-380 pivot bar but 5/16" wide

A handy person from Vero Beach, FL says:
I am finding parts for my Kinco windows that I could not locate anywhere! Thank you. But there may be a problem with the pivot bar. Your part #26-380 looks like the broken pivot bar I need, but it is only 5/16" wide. It is 3" long and 3/8" in heighth. Do you have anything that matches my pivot bar?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Please take a look at our 26-336 pivot bar. Do you think this might match your hardware? Make sure to closely compare the measurements.

If you aren't sure, please submit a few pictures of your pivot bar for us to look at. That will better enable us to identify the best replacement.
A handy person from Vero Beach says:
I am very sorry, Paul. I believe I made an error on the pivot bar that resembles my broken piece - The number should be 26-108. Mine is 5/16" wide, and #26-108 is 3/8 " wide. The metal screw is 1" from one end, and 2" from the other end. My part is 3/8" high, and 3" long. Sorry about the error. Maybe I can grind or file #26-108 down to 5/16" ?
A customer submitted photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
It appears that our 26-108 pivot bar is the closest possible replacement we have at this time. Yours may actually originally match the 26-108's measurements, and just wore down over time. Filing down may not be necessary.
A handy person from Vero Beach says:
Hello Paul, the 26-108 part I ordered fit exactly. The problem was the measurement listed on the photo. The pivot bar is only 5/16 wide. The tab at the end of the bar is 3/8. The 5/16 measurement is critical as it has to fit into the tight slot at the bottom of the window sash.

I have a problem however with the tilt window pivot #26-054 which I purchased from Swisco. The critical measurement is the tab with the holes on it, which has to measure 3/16" to fit in the window slot. Your part #26-054 measures 5/16" and will not work. The photo looks enticely similar, but it will not work in my Kinco windows. Do you have any other part that would work? I need at least 5 of them as the break easily. If not, are there any sources anywhere? Kinco is out of business, and these are great windows - except for the plastic hardware.
A customer submitted photo of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find a replacement corner latch that is like your hardware. The 26-054 is the closest match that we have. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)