26-393 is too wide

A home owner from Pendleton says:
Tilt latches , Code # 26-393. This tilt latch will fit in my window (have used before) The spring loaded movable latch is always too wide to go into the window. The face has an 1/8" offset. I always have to "widdle" the 1/8" off to make this work. Do you have another latch of this size where the face is an 1/8" shorter? Thank you for your help
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 26-393 pair, as well as the 26-266 and 26-267, are both used by Silverline window company. The 26-266 and 26-267 tilt latches have a narrow tip, but for the 26-393 they added an extended side. The reason for this, according to them, is that it gives a tighter fitting sash in the frame. If you want, you can file down the side to help engage the tip in the window track. I've never personally done this, but this is the first solution that comes to mind. It may be worth considering.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.