SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

A home owner from Solvang, CA says:
After viewing your library of identifying other's parts I have concluded I need a S395-27 with a 2630 option, but I have two questions.
My balance shoe measures 1 by 1 1/16 by 1/2 and the two options I had are p/n 15-001: 1 by 1 1/8 by 1/2 and p/n 15-002: 1 by 1 by 1/2. Which one should I specify?
second question is about weight. My sash weighs 17.5 pounds--is 2630 the right option?
Thanks very much
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The only difference between the 15-001 and 15-002 is the depth. If your depth is 1-1/16", I think you're fine with the 15-001. It's likely it was once 1-3/32" but wore down over time.

If your sash weight is 17.5 pounds, then I would recommend the 2630 option instead. 2640 is a little too strong. Did you ever find your old balances were a little tough to operate?
A home owner from Solvang, CA says:
Thank you for your guidance.
Yes, the old balances made the window hard to go up and down. I have two windows like this and am going to replace balances in both of them
Thanks again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)