28 9 ES CALDWELL

A quick learner from Chandler says:
I was looking at your
28" Series 351 Channel Balance
but I need to get the model that matches my units which are stamped "28 9 ES CALDWELL". The metal channel is 28".

Also, are your items better designed than my originals? They have cheap plastic rollers that go bad just sitting in the window.

Thanks
Al R
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey there! Thanks for contacting us. Stamps ending in 9, like your "28 9," use an old rating system that has since fallen out of use. One of the more modern stamp options for the S351-28 will probably work, but you will need to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm.

Channel balances like the S351-28 should work for a good 5-10 years, depending on how often the window is used. There are no "better" made balances. They are pretty much all manufactured the same way.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.