SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2800 Patriot window balances

A home owner from NJ says:
Do you sell the window balance for the 2800 series Patriot double hung windows? I need to order a replacement so I can keep the top window form falling down when unlocked. Thanks.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

There is not one specific balance Series that works with the Patriot 2800 window.

In order to accurately identify your replacement, please submit a few phtoos of your window balance and balance attachments so we can take a look. Are there are any markings on the window balance?
Thanks, Mike. It's a coil spring that sits inside a piece of silver u-channel. A few pics are attached. They aren't the best, so I can take out the balance and get you a much better pic if you need it. There weren't stickers on it but I can look for imprints on it if tha is what you mean by markings.
User submitted photo of channel balance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for submitting your photos to us.

It appears you actually have a Channel Balance. What you will have to do is remove the entire balance unit from the window, and then take a few pictures of the balance attachments.

There should either be an engraved or stamped marking on the channel portion of the balance. See if you can find that for us.
Mike,

The engraved marking is 34B. Photos of the balance parts are attached. Thanks for your help.
User submitted photo of channel balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's a bit hard to make out the piece, but it looks like the S770-34 (34B). Take a look.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)