SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2830 Channel Balance

A contractor from Worcester, MA says:
I have a 2830 channel Balance that is 27 " long.
I attached 5 pics hopefully that will help you determine what I need.
I was reading through your site and I believe you had anoither customer with the same and you had to make it..

I have more pics if needed.
Thank You
Joe
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A contractor from Worcester, MA says:
Additional Photos
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We can help with this balance, though it will have to be custom made. Before we begin, I just need you to confirm the weight of your sash. It looks like yours has been cut down, since a metal channel with a 2830 stamp should be 28" long, not 27". We will need to recalculate the strength of your spring to make sure you get exactly what your sash requires.
A contractor says:
Thanks for getting back to me Paul.

I had measured it, It is around the 16 pound area. If you need to have an exact I'll have to go back to the Jobsite and remeasure it.

Thanks
Joe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Joe. We can work with that, though keep in mind custom balanced cannot be returned for a refund. If the spring strength is not right there is nothing we can do about that. I'm thinking of using a 2630 stamp option, which carries 11 through 17 pounds. If you want to go forward, can you just tell me how many you need? Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)