SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2830Q channel balance for a 1986 Alenco window

A quick learner says:
My channel balance has a number of 2830Q stamped on it. I believe the windows were by Alenco and made in 1986. Is your balance S730-29 the proper balance. Your site says for "Silver line channel balance S730-29".

Just checking before ordering.

Ron D.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Alenco windows usually use channel balances with the 15-001 shoe and the 19-005 top. Can you check out both of those parts and confirm that they are the same attachments as on your existing balance?

If you need help, submit a picture of both the top and bottom of your balance for us to review.
A quick learner says:
I am not sure that the windows are Alenco. The 19-005 may be correct for the top. I see nothing that matches balance shoe. Please see attached photos.
User submitted photo of channel balance for Alenco windows.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us with photos. It actually looks like the Series 390 Balance. This balance comes with 19-002 Top and 15-001 Bottom fittings attached.

Choose 29" Series 390 with stamp option 2830
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)