SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2990 replacement parts

A home owner from Miami says:
the markings on the piece i took out the window is: 2990BD BSI34

1/2 or 9/16th measurement the foot length is 1 inch.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It looks like your top attachment has wings, while your bottom attachment does not. That means that your balance will have to be custom made.

Before we can begin, I'll have to figure out what your bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Do not include the plastic attachments in this measurement.

Finally, I'll need to know the weight of your window sash, since your stamp of 2990 does not correspond to any of our available options.
A home owner from miami says:
First off, you guys are awesome and this is a great service you are doing for homeowners like me.

the length of the metal channel is 30 inches not included the two plastic clips. i attached a picture of the bottom clip and it is 1 inch. the top clip does have wings and 1 wing looks like it was sheered off.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! The last thing I need to know is the weight of your window sash, and we can get started on the custom order.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)