2ea. Coil balance springs, plus 2 ea. Slide in Tilt latch

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Older RSVP dbl hung window. Bottom sash only need 2ea. coil spring balances. Bottom sash measures 25" wide x 26.5" high x 1 5/8" thick. Sash weighs approx. 15.5 lbs. broken coils are 3/4" wide stainless steel stamped with a 10 and J. The pivot lock shoe I'm working out of matches your 15-175 pivot lock shoe.

So...can I order 2 coil balance springs, in addition I need slide in tilt latches... 1 ea.26-243 LH and 1 ea. 26-244 RH.

I'm further looking to find appropriate weather strip / gasket material for the same window.

Ken
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ken. If you have the 15-175 pivot shoe, then I recommend our Series 152 coil spring. If you only have one spring on each side for a 15.5 pound sash, then go with our S152-8. Each of these springs can hold up 8 pounds.

I'm not sure what weatherstripping was used on your window, but if you were to remove a sample and show us a picture of it from the end, we would be happy to find a good match.
A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:

Based on your response above...I have 4 pieces of broken coil from my window. I assume therefore that I need only 2 S152-8 coils; or one each window. RIght? And while my coils were marked with a 10; you believe your 8 lb coil will do? Right?

Second item. My weatherstripping appears to have a 3/32" wide slide in channel and the wool pile is approximately 9/32" wide. Ive concluded I need item 58-059 gray; but it says "while supplies last." Do you still have any gray 58-059?

In summary,(I think Im about to place an order)

Can you give me some idea of availability and shipping on the following; and directions on placing the order??????

1 ea. 26-243 LH white tilt latch

1 ea. 26-244 RH white tile latch

2 ea. S152-8 Stainless steel coil balances

1 ea. (25foot)gray 58-059 wool pile weather stripping. Phone # 814 643-1976 Ken Knable

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

When you say you have four pieces of broken coil, do you mean that you have four springs altogether in the window (two on each side)? If so, then I'd go with the S152-4 instead. Four of these (two on each side) can carry 16 pounds, which should work fine for your 15.5 pound sash.

We do still have our 58-059 in stock, yes. We will likely remove it from our site when we run out. All the other parts you listed are in stock. Pricing can be found on each part's respective store page. Shipping cost depends on what method you choose during checkout. Finally, all orders can be placed directly from our site.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.