SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

3-7/8" hole centers

A quick learner from Seattle WA says:
Is the 82-050 the only patio door handle you have with 3-7/8 inch hole centers? My daughter's patio door is about 40 years old and I cannot find a replacement handle (sorry I don't have a photo). It is surface mounted, unkeyed, with a 3-7/8" hole pattern and is dark bronze or a dark antique brass finish. It has a hook latch but I did not see a deadbolt like you show in the 82-050 model. Door was labelled 'Corona Patio Door and originally manufactured by H&D Inc of Everett WA, but I believe they are out of business.

mike allen
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe this is the closest lock to what your are describing. It is a surface mounted hook lock, and practically a universal type to boot. What you call the "dead bolt" is actually a security measure to help prevent the door from being forced up and unlocked. It does come with the keeper.

Keep in mind, you may need to reposition the installation screws on the handle set or keeper but again, because it is a surface mount there is a good chance this could work.
A quick learner says:
thanks Dave I'll try it out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)