SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

3 door closet needs repair, I need a kit

A quick learner from Las Vegas says:
I have a 3 door closet that I want to fix. It has a two channel rail on top that 2 of the doors slide in the rear channel and the 3rd door slides in the front channel. I want to replace all the parts and saw the 8ft kit which looks like the fix though I would need a 3rd set of wheels and a second floor guide. The package deal does not specify which ones they are so I was not sure which ones to purchase. Let me know what other kind of info you would need to help me place my order. The current mounting is constantly falling off and I have had it with it. Thank you.
user submitted photo of 3 door closet set up
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

We have a similar set up in our kitchen here at SWISCO :)

The closet door rollers that come in the 23-503 kit are the 23-004 and 23-005. Note, that both the 23-004 and 23-005 rollers are sold individually, so you will need to purchase (2) of them for an additional door. The 23-005 roller has a 1/2" offset which would be used for the rear bypassing closet door. The floor guide is 23-200.

Let me know if there is any more information you need.
A quick learner from Las vegas says:
So I'm a little confused, do I need 2 of each of those rollers for 1 additional door? That would make 8 rollers total since the kit comes with four. And if I just need two rollers why would I get two different rollers for the additional door. Sorry but the response u gave below just added to m confusion. Thank you.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Sorry for the confusion.

For your three door bypass closet door setup you would need the following to replace all of the sliding hardware.

(1) 23-503 Bypass Closet Door Kit
(2) 23-005 Bypass Closet Door 1/2" Offset Roller
(1) 23-200 Floor Guide

- - -

This would give you a total of (6) rollers, (4) from the kit and an additional (2) rollers that you purchase separately. Each closet door uses (2) rollers. The front closet door uses the 1/4" offset rollers while the rear closet doors uses the 1/2" offset rollers.
A quick learner from Louisville, KY says:
I have a similar situation - three doors on two tracks. It used to have a full guide along the floor. If I use the 23-200, where would it be installed? Would two guides be better (at each of the two overlap points)?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Yes, the best place to install the 23-200 for this kind of system would be where the doors overlap.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)