SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

30" sliding screen door hanger

A home owner from Georgia says:
Can this top hung adapter be attached to a regular sliding screen door? I cannot find a sliding screen door that already has it attached. I bought a regular sliding screen door but it will not fit on my top track because my top track has the opening for the little wheels that are on this adapter.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you can install the 84-059 on your screen door, yes. Just make sure you remove the top rollers of the door before installing it.
A quick learner from NH says:
Hello - I have a similar question to the previous person - how do I attach this sliding screen door hanger to my screen door? Are there screw holes/screws?

Thanks,
Mark.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Top screen door hangers like our 84-059 have two elongated holes so you can raise and lower the hanger. You will need two 3/8" long truss-head screws. When you receive the hanger, take it to your nearest hardware store so they can match up the right size screw. Or, better yet, you could just reuse your old ones.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)