SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

306 vs 900 series

A quick learner from texas says:
I was ready to purchase the 306 series for my non-tilt windows, but the bottom clip on my spirals looks like No. 15-073 and it refers to the 900 series which is for tilt windows. will the clip on the 306 series work if I currently have something that looks like 15-073?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Since your window is non-tilt, I would recommend the Series 306 spiral balance. Our Series 900 is used for tilt windows.

Now, I could make up the custom order form you need, but I'll need more information. Specifically, what is the length of your spiral balance tube, and what is the weight of your window sash? Let me know and we can work from there.
A quick learner from Texas says:
the length is 29 inches. 3/8 diameter. I held a 15 lb weight and it was much heavier than lifting my 3 foot wide, double pane window w/o help from counter balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Now, take a look at this Custom Spiral Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get in contact with you shortly thereafter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)