30TGK Sash Balance

A quick learner from St louis says:
I have a tilt in window with bad sash balances. Upon removal I note they are stamped 30TGK. Is this one of yours? Where can I purchase or just online?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the stamp 30TGK does not tell us what balance you have, so I am not sure if we have it. If you were to take pictures of it, though, I could match it up to something in our catalog. I will need to see both ends and the stamp.

If we can find what you need, you can place your order directly on our site. We do not have any stores in your location.
A quick learner from Webster Groves says:
Sorry about that. It appears to be a std 751 with 15-014 black shoes (one missing the other broken so not good photos). 31" overall length with stamp as shown.

User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
I agree, our Series 751 channel balance appears to be a good match. I can't quite make out the shoe so I'm not sure, but if you say it's the same as the 15-014 then the Series 751 is the best match we have.

Now, as for the stamp, it could be our 30TG. Two balances with the 30TG option can carry a sashes weighing 29 through 36 pounds. I recommend that you weigh your own sash to confirm that this will work.
A quick learner from Webster Groves says:
Single sash weighs 20 lbs. shoe is indeed 15-014 type. So for 31" balance and 20lb sash what stamp is required?
Profile picture of Tom
For a 20 pound sash, I recommend our 30R option. This can carry a sash weight of 15 through 23 pounds.

Note that our S751-31 store page has a chart that lists each available stamp and how much weight they can support. You may want to review it for reference.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.