SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

31 5 Window channel balance...

A quick learner from Colorado Springs CO says:
Not even sure if I need new ones. The window was hard to open, then as I pulled it up the right guide fell out. The bottom plastic piece is chipped, so I may need for that side...then the little hook on the bottom is now pointing straight out the bottom....and it won't hook into the whole on the window frame. In videos I see on your website, the clip is on the same side as the spring, if that's where it is supposed to be then I will need to order two for the one window. If you can tell me how to make the tension not so tight, then I will be able to get it back in there, I think.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I don't recommend attempting to repair the springs. Once they've broken it's best to replace the whole balance. We can replace it for sure, though it will have to be custom made. Would that be okay? If so, I'll email you a link to a custom product form for two of these, along with a price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)