SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

31" Series 380 Channel Balance

A quick learner from Portland, OR says:
I have a balance that had the string break recently. It is stamped "31 4 GO CALDWELL." It appears that the 31" Series 380 Channel Balance Option 3040 would be the correct replacement. The top that comes with that (19-005) looks correct but I can't tell from the picture if the bottom (15-005) matches my existing one. Could I sent you pictures of my existing top and bottom for confirmation?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, send a photo with dimensions by attaching it to a reply post.

You are correct, if the metal channel measures 31", then the 3040 might be the needed stamp option. Just have to figure out the bottom shoe.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
S380-31
stamp option 3040 will carry a window sash weight range of 23 through 28 lbs.
To check if this is the needed stamp option for your 31" Series 380, remove the window sash and place it on a scale.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A quick learner from Portland, OR says:
I have figured out that I need the 31" Series 380 Channel Balance Option 3040. The top that it comes with (19-005) looks correct compared to my existing balance but I can't tell from the picture if the bottom (15-005) matches. Your customer service person (Dave) said to send a picture.

Customer image of their channel balance bottom.
Thank you for your assistance in ensuring I get the correct part(s).
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
It looks more like 15-004 to me. We can custom make balances to your needed configuration. Fill out our custom balance order form. Include the needed quantity, the wanted balance fittings attached, channel balance length, and the stamp number.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)