SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

31" Spiral Balance and Top Sash Guide

A home owner from Ft Myers, FL says:
I am trying find these two parts for my sister's vinyl non-tilt window.

Spiral balances (2): The metal spiral sash tube is 31" with black bushings. It has a clip to connect to the window on the bottom.

Left (L) top sash/balance guide. The right guide is shown in the picture. It has diagonal screw holes for mounting to the sash that are 15/16" center to center. The width is 1 1/8" and the height is 1 3/16". The top of the guide is wider and is 1 3/8" wide.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! We may be able to custom make this balance for you. Can you just confirm the diameter of the metal tube? Can you also tell me how many you would need?

As for that top sash guide, it's not something that we currently have but we are researching possible replacements. We will look into the available options until you can get me the information about the balance, by which time we will hopefully have some more information!
A quick learner says:
I'm trying agin ... Didn't hear back from you ...

I need two (2) of the balances for now, 5/8" diameter, black bushings.

Do you have them?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! I've emailed you a custom balance order form, which you should receive shortly. As for the top sash guide, we are going to work on bringing it in anyway, since we think it will be helpful to other customers. I will let you know when we receive it in stock.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
The tops sash guides are now available online! Please see SWISCO product code 18-148
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)