31" window palances

A friend from Wasta, SD says:
I need 2 31" window balances for our church window.
The number stamped on them is 30DS 50L.
What would be the price, plus shipping, if you havae these?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot determine what you have based on the stamp alone. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have. I also recommend weighing your sash on a scale to determine the strength of the spring. Yours sounds like it's for a particularly heavy sash, which means it may need to be custom made. Let me know.
The product code for the balance that looks like ours is S350-31. If we chose the 3060 it says the spring would support a sash 32-35#. I am presuming that is for the pair of balances. I did weigh the balance on a postage scale & one balance weighed 1# 0.6oz. I could also take the scale to our church & weigh the window sash itself.
What went bad on the balances was the strings broke. It seems to me that the spring is pretty tight fitting in the channel of the balance & maybe a bit rusted.
Do you advise using WD40 on these moving parts so there is less stress on the string?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Yes, the stamp indicates how much weight two balances working together can carry. It's a good idea to weigh your sash just in case. Your stamp indicates that it might be 50 pounds, but since these would likely have to be custom made I would like to confirm just in case.

As for lubrication, try silicone spray instead. I find that oil tends to attract a lot of dirt and debris, which can just make matters worse.
Yes, our window sash does weigh 50#.
It contains an old stained glass window.
Hopefully you have all the info you need to give me a quote for the 2 balances.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! I'll send you a quote for two of these immediately! You can also use the link I'm about to email you to add the special balance to your cart.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.