SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Is there a metal version of the 32-036 drawer guide?

A quick learner from Tulsa says:
Is there a replacement for this rear drawer guide that is metal? The nylon guide is too fragile. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 32-036 Rear Drawer Guide is not available in a metal version. The drawer guide is made with plastic so it glides nicely and doesn't wear on the track itself.
A quick learner from Tulsa says:
I can understand the wear issue but I have several of these with this failure. Perhaps a different plastic compound or design would be better. Thanks. I guess I will order what you have.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I think you may want to check to see if your current track is aligned properly. Is it at the correct height? It can't be too high or too low. You also want to make sure that it's not too far to the left or right. That may be why your drawer guide keeps breaking.

Otherwise, your best bet may be to replace the track and guides with a new drawer track. I recommend our 32-063, which is a very versatile and easy-to-install track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)