SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Can the center support be knocked out of the 32-118 guide?

A handy person from North Carolina says:
I measured my back guide as having an inside opening of 1 1/4" by 1/2". 32-118 seems to fit the bill except for the height of 5/16".

However, it looks like there is a center rib support that could be knocked out (or using a Dremel, cut out). Is this wise? Or does a deeper guide exist. I couldn't find one.

An alternative is to take my carrier rail out of the dresser and replace it with a shallower one. Not sure I want to do that.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I wasn't able to locate an 1-1/4" x 1/2" drawer back bearing, but I did take a look at our 32-118 and you can cut off that extra piece to enlarge the opening without jeopardizing the structure. Please note that the width is 1-3/16", and after cutting off will be 11/16". Will that work?
A handy person from North Carolina says:
I think that will work even if there is a bit of slop. It is worth a try! My order is coming in shortly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)