32 3 CS CALDWELL replacements

A home owner from california says:
Hello,

Pls advise the correct replacements for my channel balances.

- Window looks like wood with some sort of plastic finish with double pane, weight is 20 lbs;
- stamped 32 3 CS CALDWELL
- 33" long, 1/2" width, 1/2" depth
- attach pictures show you the plastic attachments at both ends

I think it's your series 385 or 380 but not sure.

Thank You
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A home owner from california says:
Hello,

some additional info.

Looking at your series 380 vs 385, it looks like the difference is the shoe. Series 380 uses shoe 15-005 and series 85 uses shoe 15-004.

My existing shoe measures 1" deep, so it matches your 15-005 shoe. Looks like it's series 380, my house was built around year 2002 if that means anything.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, if your shoe measures 1" deep then the Series 380 would be your best bet. I would recommend an S380-33 with a 3230 stamp option.
A home owner from California says:
Thanks for your confirmation. I ordered 4 series 380-33/3230 for my 2 windows. They work great.

My windows have add-on shutters that are inner-mounted so I could not remove the window itself, so it was quite a job to replace the channel balances with the window in place, it took 30 minutes but I managed to do it finally.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.