33-089 with white truss head

A home owner from Menomonie, WI says:
I have been looking at your part #33-089 and wonder if you can get this with
a truss head rather than a pan head? White truss head #6 x 3/4" screws are darn hard to find I am learning.......thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You are correct. It is very hard to locate a source for truss-head screws. I'm not sure if we will be able to help. Can I ask, why do you need a truss-head? What are you using it for? Maybe we can come up with another solution.
A quick learner says:
We have Anderson triple pane windows on our house that were installed in 1979-1980. The third pane is held on with eight screws and plastic clips. Over the years the white headed steel screws have rusted and left a mark on the white background. The original screws are truss-head and they would be the best replacement over a pan-head to cover the markings. I have ordered pan-heads since I could not find truss-head in stainless. Anderson charges $23 per pane for eight screws plus shipping. We have seventeen panes. OUCH!

Thank you for responding Dave. Others that I have contacted have not............

Hmm... I had an idea. Is covering the rust stains something you'd consider? If so, look at our 67-017 screw cover set and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Dave....67-017 would not work on this application. The little plastic parts that hold the window pane would need to be under 67-017 and
stick out like a sour thumb on the other screws. However, thank you for the suggestion. Any suggestion on how to remove small rust stains?

Denny
To remove rust, maybe try a type of OXY Clean, Clorox spray. You don't want to damage the finish of the window. Also try a local hardware store, they might have a better solution. You could possibly spot prime and paint. I'm sorry we can't offer a more definitive solution! Those truss-head screws are just so much trouble.
A quick learner says:
Dave....thanks for the suggestion on OXY Clean. I will certainly give it a try. Our small town in Northern Wisconsin no longer has hardware stores; but I will give Walmart and Fleet Farm a shot. I received the #6 pan heads from you folks and if it
ever warms up I will be installing 185 of them. Thank you and take care............

Denny
Great, I hope I've been some help. Good luck, and let me know how it goes! We understand a lot of mom & pop hardware stores are going out of business over the years, so we try to fill that void as best as we can.
How to install a screw cap cover
How to install a screw cap cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.