SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

33" Wide CertainTeed Vinyl Windows Leaking

A handy person from Pittsburg, California says:
Quite a whole ago my elderly mother had her four front wooden framed windows replaced with CertainTeed vinyl windows, and we haven't found any of her paperwork on them.

Unfortunately, I found they have all been leaking, for some time now, at the very bottom, where the weatherstripping is all worn away. The attached pictures show one of the windows, the one that is in the best condition, as I duct taped them all recently and with winter coming, I don't want to remove the others until I have replacement weatherstripping, unless I really need to.

The bottom windows that need the weatherstripping are 33" wide by 29 1/4" tall.

HELP!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you'll need to put some weatherstripping in that groove I see in your pictures, but I'm not sure exactly what. if you were to remove the sash and measure that groove, we would be better able to recommend a replacement weatherstripping.
A handy person from Pittsburg, CA says:
Thanks for responding Tom.

I took a window out and measured the gap where the (outside) rubber seal is at is 1/8". That rubber seal is 32 7/8" long. I'll need at least 4 of them.

The gap where the felt is, all the way around the window, is also at 1/8".

FYI, I've attached pictures of the gaps, the rubber seal and the shape of the seal from an end view.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! These pictures are a huge help. For the bubble seal, look at our 58-131, which appears to be very similar. I'm not sure about the wool pile, however. We don't have anything in that style with a 1/8" base. I recommend looking through our selection of wool pile to see if anything here would be a better match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)