34B Replacement Channel Balance

A handy person from McCordsville, IN says:
Stamped 34B. Its 34" long with a channel balance. The plastic piece that holds the string is all the way at the very end (this is what is confusing me) I need 10 of these
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There should be something attached to the end of the string, perhaps a metal clip of some kind. Can I see a picture of that? Thanks!
Here is the picture of the end of the string that you requested. Yes, it is a metal clip
User submitted a photo of window balance parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I suspected as much. This looks like our S770-28 S770-34 balance using a 19-020 top clip. Look them over and see if you agree. Be sure that your balance channel is plain, not ribbed! That is an important detail.
The S770-28 is only 28" in length and my original is 34". Would it be S770-34?
One other question, the balance that I have has the plastic roller for the string all the way at the end of the channel. The S770-34 does not have the roller at the very end. Is the S770-34 still the one that I would order?
Profile picture of Paul
The Series 770 also has the same plastic pulley rollers at the end, they're just a different style than yours. Also yes, I meant S770-34 before, my mistake!
Even though its a different style than mine, will it still work??
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, I'm pretty sure it's just a superficial difference between manufacturers. They both work the same way.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.