35" Balance

A contractor from Fall River, Ma says:
Not confident I see match on web page.
Please help with identifying
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A contractor from Fall River, Ma says:
Still waiting on an answer.

Thanks,
Paul
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Our customer service representative tells me that your balance is actually 35-1/2" long. Can you confirm? If it is, it will need to be custom made. Can you tell me how many you'll need? Once we know that, we can send you a price quote and custom order link.
A friend from Fall River, Ma says:
2 With the 50 spring
and
4 with the 40 spring
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "50 spring" and "40 spring." Can you specify? Are those stamps? If so, what is the complete stamp in each instance?
A quick learner says:
Yes, the stamp on the ones I have say 3640 and 3650.
A contractor says:
yes its the spring size, the one I have is stamped 3640.
But my customer has a window that will not stay up. So Id like a little heavier spring for that window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That stamp is actually a little weird. If it starts with "36," then it should be 36-1/2" long, not 35-1/2" long. If your metal channel is definitely 35-1/2" long, then we will need to know the weight of the sash that each type of balance supports. You will likely need a new spring strength calibration.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.