SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

36-013-10 with different hinge bar setup

A handy person from CT says:
I recently ordered part number 36-013-10 which was a perfect replacement part for my 22 inch wide casement windows. I am now starting to repair my 27 inch wide windows. I don't want to take them apart until I have a replacement part but itis slightly different from 36-013-10. The slider section is 10" but the hinge bar (that connects to the bottom of the windorw) connects between the 3rd and 4th screw holes. (36-013-10 connects between the 2nd and 3rd screew holes). The hinge bar also is about 1 inch longer than on 36-013-10. I have attached pictures, but they are not really good because I do not want to take the window down withot having spare parts available. Can you help? Do you need more info.
User submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have replaced many casement hinges (and awning window hinges) in the past that had different arms and rivet placements with the 36-013-10 and had no problem. I believe that as long as you replace both top and bottom hinges as a set (pair) you should be okay.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)