SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

36-024HD - 4 bar hinge

A home owner from Las Vegas Nevada says:
Does this come as a set? To replace both hinges (the top and bottom) do I buy one or two? Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! The 36-024HD is sold individually, not in sets. That said, it is meant for awning windows, where the hinges install on the left and right, not top and bottom. It sounds like you need hinges for a casement window. Are you sure the 36-024HD is a match? Could I see a couple pictures of your existing hinge? That would help us determine what you have and what can work as a replacement.
A home owner from las vegas says:
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually building casement windows myself. The size of the window is 24 inch (w) by 36 inch (H). Can you recommend the hinges and operator crank to use for this?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, all of our hardware is specifically meant to be used as replacements. Recommending them for custom applications can be tricky. That said, our 36-013-10 hinge set is very popular. We also carry the 36-013-13, which is longer. These both come in pairs.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)