38-090 installation instructions?

A quick learner from Virginia says:
Hello,

I just ordered the 38-090 lock handle for my windows. Although I don't have them yet, I am wondering if you have an instruction guide for installing them. By the design of the window, it seems the screws that I will need to remove are mostly blocked by the sliding mechanism.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
With the casement window open, you should be able to reach the installation screws on the opposite side of the window where the lock is attached. In my experience, there shouldn't be any thing in the way.
A quick learner from Arlington VA says:
Thanks so much for your response --- however I am seeing something different with the window open. I have attached a photo so that it will give you an idea of the difficulty to be faced when trying to remove and re-install the screw. Please kindly let me know if you see the blockage created by the "slider", and if you have a suggestion.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the extra picture. I see what you're up against. Why on earth would they design the window itself to block off the screws? They must not have intended this hardware to be replaceable. Did you try a long neck #2 Phillips screw driver? If that doesn't work, maybe notch out some of the vinyl or drill a hole so you can stick a screw driver in.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.