SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

38-139 Roto Lock was too small

A home owner from WINOOSKI Vermont says:

I recently purchased and received a Roto Multi-Point Lock, 37MM Fork window lock. However, it's smaller than the broken part I am trying to replace. I incorrectl measured the fork from the metal housing rather than just the fork.

Can I return and exchange the part? If so, do you stock any latches with forks that are longer than 37mm's? all other dimensions and sizing match the part i am trying to replace.

Attached are images showing my existing, broken latch and the 37mm fork.
Best regards,
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Andy. You mention your fork is bigger than 37mm, but you don't mention exactly how big it has to be. Could our 38-095 work? Check out how we measure the fork for this part, it may be a little easier.
Alternate view of 38-095
A quick learner says:
The fork measures 1 7/8"
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Taking a good look at your photo, I see that your fork is longer because it is not actually in the correct position. Because your lever handle is missing, the fork is sticking out further than it usually would. I suspect it was jarred when the handle broke off. Look at your second picture in your first post. Do you see how the hole and stem are not lined up? That's what you should try to fix. Try to pop the fork back into place, then remeasure and let me know what you get!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We have had an update! Our 38-096 may be a possible solution for this problem. Please consider it as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)