3/8" spindle for Cmech handle

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello. Your website looks great, and you seem very knowledgeable. I am about to purchase inside handle 40-150 from your site to replace the broken Cmech one on our storm door, but I cannot find any 3/8" square spindles on your website. Do you have any measuring 3/8" squared by 3" to 4" inches in length? Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks again for your patience, and your compliments. Hopefully we can live up to our reputation.

The 40-150 will take a 3/8" size spindle once the insert is removed, but I'm afraid we do not carry that size spindle ourselves. To be honest, it's fairly uncommon. You could possibly check with a local hardware store and see if they can supply you with a piece of 3/8" stock steel bar which you can cut down for a spindle. That said, I'm not sure you will be happy using the 40-150 as a replacement for your inside handle. If I remember correctly, the Cmech handle pushes to unlatch the door, whereas the 40-150 needs to be turned. You might need to contact the manufacture of the door, which I believe is EMCO / Forever Doors, and see if they still can supply you with a replacement handle.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.