SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

3/8 tube diamater

A home owner from Calhoun, Georgia says:
I adjusted the spring tention and put window back, then I heard a cracking
sound so I took window out and can see that the tube is slightly bent and slightly seperated at top. I can not find any names, mumbers or markings.
A home owner from Calhoun, Georgia says:
Refer. D72110. Found info on window. It is an American National Standard, AMSIAAMA 101-88, Mfg. code AB-1, MST3960, Series 900. tube length 29"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, to better assist you with finding the correct part could you provide us with some photos?
A home owner from Calhoun, GA says:
We have several windows (quantity currently unknown) that need repair. We first need to locate the part needed before producing an accurate count. We think we need the 900 spiral balance; product code S900-29 red tip 16 lbs. and the pivot shoe 3/8 in. thick; product code 15-045. Can you please verify this information before we proceed with an order? We do not know the manufacturer for these parts.

*Please see attached pictures*

Thanks!

John
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us. I agree, the 15-045 and Series 900 look like they match quite well, as long as the dimensions match up.
A quick learner from Calhoun, GA says:
Hey Tom:
Thanks for verification,dimensions match up. I will order parts.
Thanks, John
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)