SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

385-Series Balancers, but with 25-9/16 inch length

A quick learner from Playa Vista (LA), California says:
Based on your website guidance, I believe I need a pair of 385-Series Balancers, but the 25-9/16 inch length is confusing me whether I need to order the 25" or 26" assembly.
*Weight of the movable sash: 26 lb.
*Length of metal portion: 25-9/16"
*Width of metal portion: 9/16"
*Winged Channel Balance Top plastic Piece: (looks like a 19-005)
*Winged plastic Shoe Piece: (looks like a 15-004, based on 1-3/32" dimension)
Do all your parts ship from the East Coast, or do you have resellers in the other major cities that carry your parts line ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your length, I suspect you have something other than the Series 385 balance. Can you show me a couple pictures of your balance? I'd like to see the top and bottom attachments, as well as the stamp. Can you also tell me how many you need? Thanks!

All of our hardware ships from New Jersey, yes. I'm afraid we have no locations in your area.
A quick learner from Playa Vista, California says:
See attached pictures... I thought these were attached to the original email question, but I guess they got stripped off somehow by your website.
Also attached is a picture of the error message I get during question submittal, from time to time when your website doesn't immediately acknowledge the Submit button.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your pictures! I'm glad you did, this is not our Series 385 balance. This is actually a unique type that will have to be custom made. Fortunately, we have all the information we need. Can you just tell me how many you need?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)