39-002? Left hand 9 inch window operator

A home owner from Los angeles, CA says:
Hello,
my crank fits the dimensions and visual appearance of 39-002. Just wanted to make sure that it might not be a similar, yet different item ... no brand names found on the piece.

Metal windows, house built in 1948.

Thank you much,
Mikael
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 39-002 appears to be our best match. In lieu of brand names, the most important thing is to make sure the measurements are the same. If yours match ours, I think it would be a great choice.
A quick learner from Los angeles, CA says:
Hello,

Thank you! I actually have another question: I need several of these cranks - but two have the handle broken out and left a hole in the operator (i.e. the handle hasn't just popped off the piece it connects to, but rather the connecting piece - i.e. part of the gear system? - is missing as well).

Any idea how i would remove an operator like that? just unscrewing it from the window doesn't let me remove it, since i don't have enough play in the sliding arm to get it out of the window ...

I am attaching two pix - one with the "hole" as a result of the broken-off handle, one with a working crank, where the handle is simply removed for comparison.

thanks again!
Mikael
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The operator with the gear actually pulled out of the housing, so you should be able to push out the window sash. If it won't push out then the lock might be engaged, the sash might be painted shut, or hinges are rusty. For painted shut sashes, you just cut away the sash from the winodw jamb channel with a utility knife. For rusty hinges, spray some WD-40, wait a few minutes, and then try opening the sash.
A quick learner from LA says:
thank you!
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.