SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

39-007 slightly different from my operator

A quick learner from SW Florida says:
I have PGT windows. Since I couldn't get my question posted, I went ahead and ordered part 39-007. All of the holes are the right size and right distance apart, but the part I'm replacing is a bit more robust, I guess.

The 39-007, when centered, the holes dont line up. When the holes line up, (and I'd have to chisel the window frame to do so) there is a gap in the area the crank is supposed to cover. Any help please.

Also, about the crank I'm trying to replace. It works fine until you try to close the window. It forces the whole handle and corkscrew-like piece up, and the window swings free. The corkscrew-like piece fits snugly, and there doesn't seem to be any groove for a snapring to go to keep the corkscrew from popping out. How does it stay in?

Hopefully a picture will attach and this will post. Thanks!
User submitted a photo of their awning window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've actually had this same problem before. I think it's simply a difference in the molding used for the operators, which is unfortunate because there's no easy solution. I also had to chisel the frame to get it to fit. That may be your best option. You could also consider making the holes a little bigger with a rat tail file. Worst case scenario is, you use a bit of caulk to fill in the gap.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You may also want to consider our 39-025. Check it out and see if it could be a better fit.
A quick learner from SW Florida says:
I'm thinking it's the 39-061. Same dimensions and the screw holes are offset a bit to the right, which is like the one I'm replacing. The gear looks the same with the teeth exposed when fully retracted. If you agree, I'll need to exchange for my original order. Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 39-061 is also a good possibility. As long as all the dimensions match, it may be the next best thing.

To return the old part, see our Return Policy for instructions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)