SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

39-032 but with longer "long arm"

A handy person from Ojai,Ca 93023 says:
I have a window operator I need to replace and it looks exactly like 39-032 except the long arm measurement length is 107/8" instead of the 101/2" that's listed in the part description...will this operator 39-032 work for me if not what part# do I need...thank you for your assistance...
Michael
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Michael! Thank you for posting on our Discussion Board. I think you might want to take a look at our 39-333 & 39-334 Extra Short Link Arm Operators. With a long arm length of 10-3/4", you might find that these are closer to your own hardware. Please also note the length of the short arm, as well, which is 2-13/16".

Do you think these would be a better replacement? Let me know!
A quick learner says:
Tom thanks for your input...I looked at that 39-333 operator yesterday and determined that it would not work because of the shorter link arm...apparently there is no longer an operator that matches the dimensions that the one I have has...since the longer arm has no physical fixed point it appears that 39-032 is the one to use... thank you for your assistance...
Michael
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Of course, Michael, I'm only happy to help. Maybe it would help if you took a few pictures of your operator for us to look at? Maybe with that reference, we can help you find a suitable replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)