SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

39-155 Question

A home owner from West Tisbury, MA says:
I believe I need part #39-155. I will only use the hook. The screw-in spline/adapter is in place (w/ male 1/2 in. hex fitting) at the skylight. Does the hook unit easily come off the spline of #39-551, leaving the female hex hole I need for the hook part? I don't suppose you sell only the hook or a similar eyelet-type part also with a female 1/2 in. hex hole? Thanks
A home owner from West Tisbury, MA says:
Here is an image (IMG_4158 ltco.jpg)of the 1/2" hex fitting to which I would attach the hook portion of Part # 39-551. Does that make sense?

ALSO, the operating winding hardware (IMG_4154.JPG)on a different Velux skylight unit has two broken pieces (one shown in IMG_4155.JPG). The operating (scissor type) arms pin to these plastic "retainers" that slide within the metal track attached to the moving skylight window.

Can I buy only the two (broken) gray plastic, bullet-shaped parts in the photo and repin the operating arm ends to them and how were they pinned together? Or do I have to buy the entire operating unit.

Please advise and give me part numbers for replacements. Thanks a lot
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, you have an older version of this skylight operator. They are no longer made where the operator is male and the handle is female. For whatever reason, the manufacturer changed it up at some point and never looked back. Our 39-551 will not work even if you take the adapter out, I'm afraid.

You may want to consider replacing the entire set with our 39-405 operator and 39-551 hook. Also, I'm afraid those plastic nubs at the end of the arm are not available alone, either. Sorry we can't offer a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)