39-188 with 4-1/2" arms?

A purchasing agent from Cambridge, Ma says:
Hello
I have a window crank this is vitually identical to your #39-188. The zig-zag and overall dimensions are the same exept that on mine the arm measures 4 1/2 overall and 4" between the hole centers. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we've never been able to find this operator with different arm lengths. The best solution we have come up with at this time is to re-use your old arms. You can do this by drilling the arms off of the new and old operators, then installing the old arm on the new operator with our 62-014 rivet. Could this work for you?
A handy person from Tiverton, RI says:
I have the same issue, my operator's have the 4 1/2" arms but the holes are 5" on center. Your solution sounds like a great work around.

Question: How is the new rivet (62-014) installed into the old arm? Is it a press fit or will I have to "peen" the end over?

thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, I'm glad this work around is promising. To install the 62-014 rivet, you would use a center punch to peen the rivet, then finish it off by hammering it flat. I would recommend doing this over a steel plate, of course.
A quick learner says:
Will order the operator & rivets and give it a try.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.