SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

39-376 Doesn't Fit

A quick learner from Middletown, MD says:
Hi, I tried replacing the handle for this mechanism with your part number 39-376, but the receiving hole on 376 is too small to fit over the splines on the crank mechanism. So back to the drawing board.

Attached is a picture of the mechanism. I can see a stamp on the crank parts with an "A" with two horizontal lines under it, which I am hoping will help identify the mfr. The crank parts are stamped with this "A" and the number S-1491-265 and S-1491-260.

I am guessing I will have to replace the whole mechanism, which is OK, but don't know which one to get. Is this enough information to identify what I need to give you? IF not, what else do you need to know?

Thank you!

Tom
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not familiar with your operator, so I'm not sure if we have anything that can work. We carry Truth operators and I think that might be your best bet. Just keep in mind that if you want to replace the operator you will need to replace all of the related hardware, as well.

That said, see our 39-253R and 39-253L, 39-528 track, 39-529 slider, and either our 39-545 or 39-546 brackets (depending on how they are installed on your sash), as well as their opposite sides. I also suggest using the 39-205 folding handle, since the 39-376 nesting cover will not fit.

Keep in mind that due to the peculiar shape of your operator, I cannot guarantee that this hardware will work, and if they do they may require some measure of retrofitting. I'm sorry we can't offer a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)