SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

39-384 Question

A handy person from Seatac says:
I have a question about casing operator part # 39-384. The attachment holes match my window, but in order to get the arm in the right direction, the handle is on the left, instead of right side, as on my existing window. Also, the arm length on mine is about 8 inches with a 9/16" wheel on the end of the arm. Will this work? I assume it will since it appears that it doesn't matter if it's 6" or 8" to make the window operate correctly. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Could you show me a few pictures of your operator? That will help us find a good match. Please remove it from the window before you take your pictures, if possible.

In the meantime, see our 39-029 and 39-030 and see if maybe these could be what you need.
A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
Here are the pictures you requested. I hope they help.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
The two models you mentioned have the correct length arm, but the housing is the opposite from mine. This is one aspect of the functionality I'm not clear on. Does it matter which direction the housing and crank are facing? The other thing is I need these cranks in silver color to more closely match our original 1954 windows.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to the side of the housing the handle sits on? If so, that does not affect the function at all. The only problem I could see is if you had something on your window sill that would obstruct the operation on the handle for whatever reason.

The 39-029 and 39-030 are both available with an aluminum color. Update 7/22/2015: Unfortunately, the 39-029 is no longer available in aluminum. I apologize for the inconvenience!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)