40-049 pella door handle?

A home owner from lincolnton ga says:
I am going to order a 40-049 handle and strike plate will it fit my door ? Looks like it will work from the video and photo .
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I don't think our 40-049 will work for you. Pella hardware is very specific and our 40-049 was not intended for Pella doors. Could we perhaps see some images of your original handle set? Perhaps we can identify what you need once we see what you already have.
A home owner from Richland, WA says:
Hi Tom, my name is Bruce and I have the same question. I have a pella lock set that went bad on my storm door. its thickness is the same 11/16ths I believe, but the screw holes on the side is 7 5/16" from center to center and I believe the 40-049 is a little bit off. I do know that the more popular Wright products set is identical to your set. all that is required is redrilling holes. I heard the wright product's lock set is inferior and the latch is constantly breaking. how reliable is your 40-049 lock set and is there any chance you have a pella compatible set that requires no drilling?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Bruce. Our 40-049 is pretty reliable, but like I said above, it is not meant for Pella doors and probably won't work. There aren't a lot of off-brand substitutes for Pella hardware.

I do not know if any of our parts can work for you, but if you were to show me a few pictures of your handle set I'd be happy to research a possible replacement for you.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.