SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

40-049 with a 1" backset?

A professional says:
I need a lock similar to this one in the video (40-049) but with a 1" backset. The one I bought from you (40-049) only has a 3/4" backset and of course it doesn't fit.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry that our 40-049 didn't work. Are you sure it's the kind you need? Could I maybe see a few pictures of your original handle set? That will help us find a replacement.
A quick learner from centreville, va says:
Unfortunately for both of us the homeowner had already thrown the hardware away by the time I got there (he didn't call me until his attempts to get a replacement off the shelf at Home Depot didn't work.) The lock that I received from you would have worked if it had a 1" backset.

Any suggestion?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There could potentially be a lot of handles that fit that description. Without seeing it, it would be very hard to determine what he needs. Do you at least know the brand of the door? That could provide some clues.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)