40-077g close adjustment

A quick learner from Costa Mesa, ca says:
The closer in the last several inches of travel completely lets loose and slams the door, with the sound of the entire aluminum frame and hinges "rattling". I've been unable to compensate for this. I've made very minor adjustments to the the door bracket location which either keeps it closing to hard or doesn't close it completely at all .

Two aspects of my installation that do not spec out are:
- the the door frame bracket is not a quarter inch away from the door it's flush on the door frame because the door frame itself does not have any additional space (it does measure in at 2 1/8" from the screen door to the back of the bracket).
- The door frame bracket was originally mounted flush to the top of the frame. The door bracket location creates about a 1/4" drop, causing the closer tube to be at a slight angle.

Sorry no images, camera not working.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Did you try turning the adjustment screw at the end of the tube? Check to see if you have two drop pin settings at the front of the tube, as well. If so, try installing the drop pin in the other hole. Lastly, your closer could be worn and that is why it is slamming.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.