40-183 and an EMTEK322

A quick learner from Peoria, Illinois says:
We have a Chambers Storm door with a Brass EMTEK 322 Lock set on it. We would like to change the hardware to a satin nickel finish and it appears that the 40-183 might work? The thickness of the door is a little over 1.5 inches.

Question #1 - will the 40-183 work ok?

Question #2 - the outside plate is bigger than yours, do you have any optional outside plates that would be larger and still work with the 40-183?

I appreciate any answers you can provide since there is no EMTEK 322 any longer. Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!

1) I have used our 40-049 and 40-183 Complete Mortise Locksets as a replacement for the Emtek 322 without any problems in the past, but I cannot guarantee it will work for your application. You will have to carefully compare the dimensions we list for the 40-183 and compare it to your hardware to make sure they are the same.

2) We do not have any separate plates that can work with the 40-183.

You should also check out our handy video which shows how to install this handle set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.