SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

40-186, need housing thickness

A handy person from Fairfield says:
The lock housing I want to replace is 5/8 inches thick. Does that dimension match with the 40-186? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what aspect of the 40-186 it is you're referring to. Are you referring to the key cylinder? Could you show us a picture of your handle set for us to look at? That would allow us to determine a good match.
A handy person from Fairfield says:
Here is a photo of my old lockset. The dimensions on the diagram for 40-186 match up but I want to confirm that the new lock set will slide into the opening on the screen door which is 5/8 inches wide and the front to back dimension (depth) of the case is 1-3/4 inches. My old lock was made by Star Die Casting Inc. Thanks
User submitted a photo of security door lock set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 40-123 and its associated measurements. This is the key cylinder that comes with the 40-186 handle set. Would these measurements work for your door?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)