Acme 4011 mirror door roller

A quick learner from Toronto ON says:
I have several bad bottom rollers on an old sliding door. The identifying marks on the roller assembly are the name Acme and the numbers 4013-2 on the part that attaches to the door and 4011 on the adjustable part that carries the roller. Your part number 23-041 is similar but not exact. Can the 23-041 be made to work?

Thanks.

Jim
A customer submitted photo of a mirror door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have been unable to identify this roller for you. The 23-041 Mirror Wardrobe Door Roller Assembly is the closest possible replacement we can offer, however I am not sure if it will work for you or not. If at all possible, I would recommend contacting your closet door manufacturer. I apologize for the inconvenience.
A quick learner says:
The manufacturer of this door disappeared years ago. Acme was bought out and many parts were discontinued.

I fixed the problem by combining my frame with your new roller. The sliding portion of the assembly that holds the roller is the same size on both the old and new pieces, so I removed the sliding piece from the new roller assembly. I then drilled a 7/16 inch hole at the top of the slot in both the old and new sliding pieces to clear the rivet head on the old frame. When the roller assembly is installed on the door, the enlarged hole is well above the rivet so there is no danger that the roller will fall off.

I could have used the new roller assembly as is by making shims to slide into my door frame to hold the new roller assembly at the correct angle.

Jim
A handy person from Bridgnorth WV16 4LD UK says:
Parts requiring replacement have stamped on them ACME 4011
US pat 3.058.173. Nylon wheel, pointed profile circa 1.25 inch
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I've placed your post in an existing discussion regarding the Acme 4011 Mirror Door Roller.

Unfortunately, we have been unable to identify this roller for you. The 23-041 Mirror Wardrobe Door Roller Assembly is the closest possible replacement we can offer, however I am not sure if it will work for you or not.
A handy person from Bridgnorth WV16 4LD UK says:
Thanks to Jim for his positive suggestion on how to fix the problem. I will order four of the assembly 23-041 and modify as suggested. Thanks also to Swisco for passing on the suggestion.
A quick learner from Bridgnorth UK says:
I appreciate the comments Jim has made with regard to using only the roller assembly of the new 23-041 part and the canabalised fitting that screws on to the door from the old part. My only comments relate to
1) Hacksaw across the parts to be discarded to free the parts and 2)instead of drilling the slot use a round file and carefully open the end of the slot on roller assembly part. This was quick and worked easily.
The major part of the concept is Jim's.
regards Elwyn
A quick learner from Australia says:
Same as above, however, all I needed was a round file & it was quick - removed the old slide by freeing the revetted lug (in the housing) by filing small curved notches on both sides of slot using the 16mm hole on the housing. Then filed the top end of the slot on the new slide to get it in through the lug onto the housing.
Cheers, PK
A quick learner from Montreal, Canada says:
Thanks to all posters. I was able to fix the roller assembly of the Swissco parts to the base plate of my old Acme parts with a round file and some elbow grease. I'm VERY happy to have stumbled over this discussion and have purchased these swish parts :-)
A quick learner from Gualala, CA says:
Nevermind! I found what looks to be the right substitute (Swisco part 23-241).
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.