SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

55-185 in black?

A home owner from USA says:
Product code: 55-185
This is the glazing bead that I have in my windows but it is in black on mine. You only have it in white? Do you have any other product that will work for me that is a substitute for this? Lance W
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter. I'm afraid we are not able to provide the 55-185 in black. We carry the 55-002, which may be able to work as a substitute, but I've never tried it so I cannot guarantee that it will replace what you have.
A quick learner from Florida says:
What is the down side to not using the exact same thing that is on the window? Not sure what the glazing does. Stop water or hold the glass in place or the for looks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Glazing caulk is actually what keeps the water and glass from falling out. The vinyl glazing just helps hold the glass in place. It also makes the space between the glass and window frame look clean and neat.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)