55-303 anderson casement window stop

A quick learner from nevada says:
I have a Anderson casement window missing stops I found a stop for a at swisco that looks and measures almost to an exact replacement except the top of old stop lays flat on glass and the top of new stop has a little return to it.my question is did Anderson make a change o this stop or has time flattened out the top of stop.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You could be correct; Andersen, as well as other manufacturers, have been known to update their parts from time to time. To be sure, please send us a photo of what you have now along with dimensions and any part or identification numbers listed on the window. That will let us know if the 55-303 is the right match.
A quick learner from Nevada says:
Dave,

Thank you for a response to my inquiry I have attached a picture of the stop in question along with a picture of the inside of window the only markings I could find was on the crank handle cover has eagle stamped on it and I understand that Anderson has bought out eagle. On the stop 55-303 all the dimension are the same the only thing that is different is on the top of the 55-303 tip has a bend to it were as the stop I have the tip goes straight up. My thought is that because of the heat here in Las Vegas that it has taken the tip of that stop and actually flatten it out which would explain why they have fallen off of these windows.

What is your thought on this keeping in mind that all dimension are the same . I would appreciate a quick response so I may place an order and get back to the contractor and let him know.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, I think your current glazing is just warped. This happens all the time. If your dimensions are the same, I think our 55-303 could be a great place to start.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.