#58-085 Question

A handy person from Bellbrook says:
I just purchased 4- 58-085 for a kawneer glass double doors. I went to install them on the job and the screw holes did not match up from new strips to the door. The screw holes start at 4" from the top of the door then 8 3/4" apparat down the door. I tried to drill on site but it did not work so well. I went back to the shop and made a jig and used a drill press and still have trouble with the holes. The issue I'm having is keeping holes centered on the strip, they start centered then jump to the outside of the strip. I am wondering if I purchased the correct stripping or is there anything I can do to correctly drill out the holes? I don't want to have to purchase anymore as they are quite pricey. Thank you for your time. Dan
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check out the video below, this may be a good place to start.
I would try using the new holes on the seal and drilling into the door instead. That may be easier.
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.