SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

58-175 weatherstrip

A home owner from Illinois says:
Will the 58-175 work in the original Pella double hung tilt windows? My parents had them installed in their home back in 1978 and most of those seals are missing and some of the exterior seals as well. However, the ones that are left look like the picture of the 58-175. We are moving into their house soon. I haven't tried to take them out to take because I was afraid of breaking one, but I have a photo of one that is still in the window. How do I find out if these are the correct ones? Pella tells me they are obsolete and they can no longer get them for me...
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot tell whether our 58-175 can work for this window or not. It's entirely possible, but it's next to impossible to know for sure when it's still installed. The only way to confirm is to remove a small sample and make sure the specs we show for the 58-175 match yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)